Please visit my new site

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Bold Theme: Weather Today 1.1

This theme is, of course, based on my original Weather Today theme. I made a few dozen changes to that theme, some of the most noticable ones are:
  • Made it so you can see your weather icon on the lock screen
  • Changed about 1/5th of the application icons
  • Changed the dialog boxes and menu backgrounds
  • Changed most of the font sizing and formatting
The icon in the top right will be whatever application you have as the first item on your main application list. I intended that you use it for your weather app, but of course you can use it for whatever application you want.
As I did in many of my other themes I used my own custom Battery and Signal meters. They are the blue bars accros the very top of the screen. The left half is Battery, right half is Signal. Each little section is 10%.
Here are some screenshots, click on them to see them full size.





10 comments:

  1. I just happened to try your other themes today and then noticed this latest one which fixed one of the suggestions I was going to make - to include todays date in the screen.

    Can I suggest a couple of improvements to the signal and battery bars:

    1. A small battery icon on the left and a small signal icon on the right would make it more intuitive. A friend used my phone in an area with a weak signal but couldn't see any indication on the screen that indicated this.

    2. Make the segements a bit more distinguishable, and also change the white blocks to a darker colour (black). The white ones look more prominent than the blue ones which is confusing.

    An alternative might be to just use the original battery and strength icons if that's possible :-)

    Keep up the good work and I look forward to your next versions.

    Regards,

    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Theme! An issue I came across is that with programs like Yahoo IM, Google IM and RexWireless the menu list is all white. You cannot see any of the items unless you scroll over it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it possible to download the software directly from my Bold ("on air") since I have some problems with Connection Manager? Thanks a lot

    ReplyDelete
  4. please...make also OTA installer...thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dylan,great theme!!
    I was wondering if is possible to have the plazmic file to change some default icon on your theme anda customize it?
    I'm trying to make some themes on my own but i don't understand how is possible to display the weather icon on the top right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Any chance of no today?

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm Italy, is very good , the calendar with 4 line is the best there is.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey can you make a weather today theme for the 83xx? That would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete